Automated subway car control, diagnostics and traffic safety system “Vityaz”
The "Vityaz" system is intended to:
- ensure safety of train and passenger traffic in subway;
- manage technical means and train (car) equipment;
- increase driver's awareness of the condition and efficiency of the carload equipment and devices of the whole train and each car separately, formulate recommendations on train control;
- preserve information on operating modes, condition of the carload equipment and its faults in event recorders and a "black box".
The "Vityaz" system main functions are:
- automated control of the subway train equipment;
- automatic speed control to ensure traffic safety on the line;
- train devices and individual wagon diagnostics and control with results and guidance displayed via a colour screen;
- wheel pair antiskid protection;
- automatic car equipment diagnostics before departure;
- basic train control function redundancy to ensure reliable traffic schedule compliance;
- recording train movement parameters in a protected memory unit ("black box");
- informing passengers about the train location on route.